Thursday, May 15, 2008

I want to be a ______ when I grow up!!


I have never had that dream job that some people have.

I never wanted to be a firefighter or a pro athlete.

I would love to be a scout for a hockey or football team but the travel is just way too much no matter what the job.

The only thing that I have always known is that I wanted to be my own boss in some fashion. I kind of got to do that for a year and it was great.

But I am really not sure I have the ambition to make it last for a long period.

I really don’t know what I want to do for the rest of my life.

My dad’s side of the family and my siblings have always been different though.

My grandmother was a teacher and loved it. My aunt is a teacher and loves it. My uncle is a food science doctor kind of guy and he loves it.

My dad went to college because he had to (parents orders) but didn’t graduate with a degree because he changed his major too many times. He has owned his own construction company ever since and wouldn’t change anything.

My sister is very much like that side of the family, very MONEY oriented. They all seem to hoard their cash and count it daily. She has always been like this and has a good job now. She has always wanted to work in the financial field and does, although she might move on to another company, she knows what field she wants to be in.

My other sister just graduated college and already has a job lined up to be a teacher. And guess what. She loves it. She has been working with kids for years and has always known that she would be a teacher someday.

Me? I’ve got nothing like that. I don’t have the ambition to really get ahead in the corporate world and I hate having to be somewhere for 8 hours a day no matter how much you have to do.

I am currently an auditor which isn’t bad because I love numbers but I also hate money and really don’t want to work with it all the time.

I like to be a little creative with a job. The only thing that I really remember ever saying “that would be a cool job” was an architect or landscaper. I think both of those would be interesting. I could design different things and use my creative side.

But I hate being outside too much and I DO NOT want to go back to school. So guess what…..not likely to do either!


My mom is a little more the creative type that lacks ambition as well. So at least there is some one else in the family that understands.

My sister (who just graduated) has a b/f, lets call him Donkey, that also just graduated college. He wasn’t the greatest student either. He graduated with a degree in biology with a minor in philosophy, that’s right a philosophizing biologist. Not something you see every day.

But Donkey does not know what he wants to do (like me) and my family and sister sat there and attacked him last night saying that he needs to find a job immediately and start working in his field.

Why? So he can leave in 3 years because he hates it? He is only 22, give him time. Let him do a couple crap jobs in meaningless fields so that he can think about what he wants to do. If he is rushed into a decision it will only end badly.


But anyways I am getting off point.

I just need to find something to make some money and support my family while being able to be creative and work for myself out of my home if possible.

Maybe I will be a writer.

I have wanted to do that too. I really enjoy writing too. I actually have a good idea. I think I will refine it and post it on here for you all to read about soon.

No comments: