Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Inspirational....

I am a big college basketball fan. And it just so happens that I am a Villanova fan and they were playing last night in the Jimmy V Classic in New York. Before the game they played Jim Valvano's ESPY's speech from 1993 in it's entirety.

I have seen it many times before but each and every time it moves me.




At halftime of the game last night between Villanova and Texas Dick Vitale spoke on ESPN and at Madison Square Garden about the V Foundation. I wanted to find that video for you because it was great but I can't find it anywhere online right now. If I find it in the future I will post it on here.


Jim Valvano was awarded the Arthur Ashe for Courage Award on March 4, 1993. He died on April 28, 1993.

Since its inception the V Foundation has raised over 80 MILLION dollars with EVERY CENT going to cancer research.


Check out these links for more information:

ESPN-Jimmy V week....videos and other stuff
V Foundation website
More information on Jim Valvano

No comments: