Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What is the Point?

I am finding that I have more things that I dislike than I thought. I can definitely find things to complain about considering the country we live in has new problems on a daily basis.

Every morning when I get to work I check my email and I get my radio turned on. And then I check a site for news and local information called PennLive. This morning I saw this headline

“Senate panel will vote on gay marriage ban”

So I read the article.

HUH??

Why is it that so many people think marriage should only be between a man and a woman?

Is it really that sacred anymore? I am sure half on the senators that are on this panel are either divorced or have had an affair or two. They work too much to have a satisfying and successful marriage. Wait; let me rephrase that last sentence so that it is more accurate. They ARE AWAY HAVING FUN AT OUR EXPENSE too much to have a satisfying and successful marriage. That makes more sense, doesn’t it?

I mean really, the divorce rate is above 50% for the country!! How can you say that gay marriage is threatening the “institution” of marriage? That doesn’t even make sense. What the hell is the “institution of marriage”? Any one who says such a thing should be placed in a true INSTITUTION!!

In the article it says that PA already has a ban on gay marriage. So why are we doing this again? Oh yeah, this is for a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT to ban gay marriage. This would make it that much harder for lawyers who have common sense to get around the STUPID law.

One idiot, Peg Luksik of the Pro-Life Coalition said marriage is an institution that “needs and deserves additional protections because of the attacks that have been made by judges across the country that have sought to redefine the institute of marriage.”

ATTACKS?? Why because they are getting people equal rights?

And another idiot, Mike Brubaker (Republican-Lancaster) said “marriage has helped to provide stability in our society for thousands of years. It is worth the effort to define it within our constitution.”

STABILITY?? Why don’t you ask some of the 50% of children in this country who come from divorced parents about stability!

Is gay marriage going to affect your home life? NO! Not any more than the couple next door that is getting divorced next month because they can’t get along. I would rather live next to a gay couple that loves each other than next to a couple that is constantly at each other’s throats.

Obviously if you have read this far you know where I stand on this issue. I don’t see what the problem is. If two people are in love (or not) and want to get married than let them. It is not going to matter to me one way or another.

No comments: