Friday, April 25, 2008

Did that really happen?

My day on Wednesday started good enough with a decent day of surfing the web and doing pretty much nothing at work (a typical day). I work in Harrisburg and in the mornings I take the bus to work. But in the afternoons I don't usually take the bus home. Why you ask. Okay, I will tell you.

I work from 7:45 to 4:15. Not to bad at all. But the bus that takes me back to where I park my truck comes by at what time? That's right, 4:10. And the managers in my office are sticklers for time and there is pretty much NO wiggle room. So I am stuck because the next bus does not come by until 4:45, if it is on time (which it rarely is).

So what do I do? I walk. About 2.5 miles across the river and what not. I don't have a problem with it. I actually get back to my truck earlier than if I wait for the bus. Plus I get exercise that I wouldn't otherwise get.

But if you remember I said the day STARTED good enough. That must mean that it gets worse somewhere along the way. Well it does.

When I got to my 92 Chevy pickup, I unlocked the door and got in. I put the key in the ignition and turned it, but wait....did it start? No of course not! I have had many problems with this truck in the past few months. This was the second time it was towed and the third time it was in the shop in 2008!!

The previous times were for not starting and not stopping! Yeah, like in a movie, the gas peddle stuck to the floor. It was fun!!

But anyways, back to the story. I call for someone to give me a jump, but that doesn't work. So I borrowed a car from my dad and got home.

Now, where I park there are other people that come to park and take the bus. It is a little street right beside a main road. And unfortunately for me there was plenty of room for someone to park their car in front of my truck the next morning. So if I wanted to get it towed I would have to move it. No big deal.

I call a couple buddies because I thought it would take at least 2 of us to push it forward. It didn't. I got there before either of them and I moved it myself. So I waited for them to get there and we chatted for a little while in dark (at this point it was about 9pm).

And then it happened......

We are just standing and sitting next to or on our vehicles when this old guy who was out for a walk just stopped and started talking. He started with stuff about how Harrisburg's minor league baseball team sucks. They had just lost the previous day 12-2 and he was not pleased. Then he started complaining about how the Capitals got hosed in their playoff game the night before. Next it was about the Flyers and their past players. He was talking about guys I have never ever heard of. And he was just going on and on about it all. Then it went back to baseball for something about Barry Bonds going to the Yankees!! HUH????

I couldn't stop laughing at this guy. He just comes out of nowhere and starts bitching and complaining about different sports themes. Unreal!!

Now don't get me wrong, he was a nice friendly guy out for a walk and looking for a chat. But it was just so surreal. I would have to say that we were pretty lucky that this guy wasn't some serial killer or something. Because lets be honest, who does that kind of stuff anymore.

2 comments:

verb said...

haha, surreal doesn't even explain, that was some twilight zone type shit. all three of us are lucky we are face down in some ditch somewhere.

Richard787 said...

Thank you for sharing such a cute and informative blog that is really helpful for me. You blog has a wonderful content and its really appreciate-able that you are sharing the knowledge you have.
toyota pickup for sale|Used Subaru Forester.