Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well That Kinda Sucks


Last week I bitched and moaned about the state of my job. And this week it kinda got worse.

Yesterday afternoon I learned that the promotion/raise I was up for probably isn't going to happen. Now let me add that I was the ONLY person in the office up for the position. So unless they really don't like me I was going to get it.

BUT now they are saying it might not happen at all. And if it doesn't it could be a YEAR before I get a raise.

Now the reason that sucks is that I barely make enough to live on right now. The wife works a few hours a week cleaning on office and makes $550 a month. And I make enough to live on but probably just barely. (I am currently in the process of determining if we make enough).

She could obviously work more but there are a few problems with that:
  • No experience in an office setting so she is going to have a REALLY hard time getting a good job
  • She is 4 months pregnant and will have to take multiple weeks off within 5 months of getting a job
  • NO ONE IS HIRING ANYTHING RIGHT NOW!!
So I was very frustrated last night as I might have to get a part time job working in a warehouse or at a convenience store or something just to get by for the time being.

I am still working on the Real Estate license that I talked about last summer but it is turning out to be harder than I originally thought it would be.

And on top of that I need like 2 grand just to get my license and everything else I need AFTER I pass the tests!

So that sucks.

Basically I was counting on this raise/promotion. I understand that I am not guaranteed anything but being that I do a good job and that I was the ONLY one up for it I figured I would get it.

And now.....maybe not for a whole freaking year!

I F'in HATE the economy right now!

How about you!?

No comments: